Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My favorite recipe...TURKEY ROLLS!

Want to know the BEST recipe EVER!!!??? Oh yes you do or you would not be reading this. The recipe is called Turkey Rolls. (Mmmm, just saying the name makes me drool like Homer Simpson at a hot dog eating contest.) They are easy to make, they are fun, they taste delic, and they are so dang good!

You will need: (This is for about 4 people)

3 cups chopped turkey or chicken
2 8oz. packages cream cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. chopped onion
2 packages canned refrigerated biscuits
1 can cream of chicken soup

Since I never actually measure things when I cook, this is what I usually do. Boil in water about 8 boneless skinless chicken tenders until they are pretty much falling apart. Put chicken in mixer with a brick of cream cheese, chopped onion, and salt/pepper (or whatever other seasonings). Mix! The chicken should pretty much shred itself if it is cooked well enough. Then, get your biscuits, and spread out the dough until it is about the size of a baseball. Spoon a good size scoop of the chicken filling into the biscuit. Fold the biscuit over the filling so there are no holes for the filling to seep out. Cook according to what the biscuit can says. Serve with the cream of chicken soup as a sauce for dipping. Mmm! SO GOOD!


Eat them up. Yum Yum Yum!


This recipe is great for after Thanksgiving when there is SO much left over turkey. Instead of boiling the turkey, just chop it up pretty fine. ENJOY!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

wish I had a Kitchen to try out this delicious treat.

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Ya for Turkey Rolls! We actually call em Turkey Roll Ups, but it looks pretty close and I LOVE em too! I'm glad you found my blog! now I have you and Stephanie's blogs on my list! Your pics are so cute! Ty would LOVE your dogs, he loves shitzus (they're shitzus right?) Oh and I think I had the swine flu too! I didn't have insurance at the time so I didn't go to the doc but Ty's cuz has it and I had all the same symptoms.

Mikal's Life said...

Wait you forgot the crushed croutons on the outside! Makes them so much better...if that is possible.