
Okay, so here is the shortened story:
Robie works at a company where they handle diet pills and things people ingest. His boss heard I was sick, so he told Robie to take me to the Dr. to see if I was contagious. If I was indeed contagious, then Robie would have to stay home since he would be putting the products at his work at risk for infection.
So, not feeling well. Headache, body ache, sore throat...just the typical flu stuff. I thought it was lame to be going to the Dr. for something that I have had a thousand times before. The flu happens to everyone. Just take a few pain meds, drink some good NyQuil, and go to bed, right? Well, the Dr. jabs a long Q-tip through my nose to the back of my mouth, and runs a test to pretty much tell me I have the swine flu. WHAT?! Well, I definitely have the flu, and I 95% have the Swine Flu. Chances are I have it. So, I got all the proper meds, and I have been quarantined to my house for the week. I am to be no where near children or the elderly, but I am sure no one wants to be near me, so I am just staying home.
Just to calm any worries of people who have had contact with me within the last week, the Dr. told me I was not contagious at that time. Phew! The last two days, I have been home with no one but Robie, Gizmo, and Cooper, so it is safe to say the pig is contained. The Swine Flu is not as scary as everyone makes it out to be. It just has a fun name to tell kids, but in the end, it is just the flu. I am not too worried. So if anyone needs me, I will be linked to my computer during the day as my main form of contact to the outside world.
2 comments:
That's so sad that you can't get out!! Let me know if I can bring you anything!
I'm glad you're almost free from the confines of your four walls. You poor thing!
Post a Comment