Monday, June 22, 2009

Last First Day

Today was my last ever first day of school!!! Yeah! I remember how the first days of school used to go. I was so excited to go that my eyes naturally popped open before the alarm clock went off. I had that beam of energy as I rushed to my closet to wear that outfit that my Mom said I could not touch until school starts. I got myself ready for the day, grabbed my brand new notebooks, pens, and backpack, and rushed out the door to make it earlier than on time. It was so fun to see all my friends back from the summer. Everyone had new haircuts and fun stories to tell. Classes on the first day are all about "getting to know you" games, and you never have homework.


I always loved the first day of school...until I came to college. In college, the first day of school is all about sleeping in until the last possible moment that you absolutely have to wake up to make it to class on time. In college, I will gladly take an extra 10 minutes of sleep if it means having to sacrifice putting on some makeup for the day. When you get to class on the first day of school in college, there is no "get to know you" games. You simply get a syllabus thrown at your face, and jump right in to the semester with a stack of books and pages of homework.

For this reason, I am celebrating today as being the LAST first day of school ever! Hooray!

2 comments:

VoNique said...

That's so true! Where's the new wardrobe every year? And new backpacks? And friends? I remember when I used to have friends at school!

Kristin said...

YAY congratulations! :) I'm going to miss you though. :( I have one more semester of ad classes without you. sad day!