Monday, August 23, 2010

San Fran

In the last two in a half weeks, I have been to San Francisco, California twice for work.  It was a lot of fun traveling there and seeing the city, but I don't think I could ever live there.  The first time I went there, it was for the American Bar Association Expo focusing on lawyers needing online marketing.  I met a ton of attorneys doing all kinds of law, and during that trip I was able to go to the Fisherman's Wharf and see some cool stuff.  The second time was for the Search Engine Strategies Expo for companies dealing with Internet marketing.  It as a lot of fun, and Google, Bing, Yahoo!, and many other big companies attended.  The second trip was a little bit shorter, and since I had already seen a lot of the city I didn't do as much site seeing.  It's fun that I get to travel as the event coordinator for my work, but it's a bummer that I can't fly starting in November since there is a big show we are doing in New York City.  I would LOVE to go to that event, but I guess that's just another sacrifice I have to make for our baby to come safely.  Anyways, here are some pics from San Fran:

Trip #1: American Bar Association

Alcatraz was fun to see.  One day I want to take the tour inside.
This old WW2 ship was huge, and we got to tour it for free since we were part of the expo.  It was so awesome to see all the history inside it, and they even filmed part of the Titanic in the engine room!
 
I thought this sign was really funny for some reason.
I even got to hang out with Stephanie and little Brighton since they live near San Fran.
 
I brought back some fun souvenirs for Gizmo and Cooper from Alcatraz.
 

Trip #2: Search Engine Strategies
This lady was so excited she won our bike giveaway.  She was screaming up and down the halls.  It was super funny.
Jared ended up winning an HD flip camera from Yahoo!, and I won a t-shirt that definitely does not fit. 

San Fran was fun to visit, but I could never live there.  Too many homeless people, crazy drivers, and freezing cold weather make it a fun place to vacation, but not a fun place to live.  I'm glad I could represent OrangeSoda at both expos.  It was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was going to say... don't forget about me! I wish we would have taken pictures!!

Heather said...

So awesome Chelsea! You travel for business. You are SO grown-up!