Sunday, August 29, 2010

Best Pasta Salad EVER!

I usually don't like pasta salad, but this recipe my mom always made is SOOO GOOD!  I made a ton for a work BBQ, and thought I would share the recipe since it is sooo delicious. 

 Ingredients:  (I don't know the technical names for the pasta types, so enjoy my made up pasta names)
  • Tube noodle pasta
  • Tortellini pasta
  • Tri-colored swirl pasta (white, green, and orange- it adds color)
  • Chicken
  • Zesty Italian Kraft dressing
  • Olives
  • Green Onions
  • Broccoli
  • Crushed red peppers (like the ones at Pizza Hut for your pizza)
  • Parmesan Cheese
Cook all the pasta, drain, rinse, and lay out on paper towel to cool and dry. If there is water on the pasta, the oils in the dressing won't stick to it.
While pasta is drying, boil boneless chicken until cooked, cut into cubes, and place in fridge to cool.  Chop green onions, broccoli, and olives.
 When everything is cooked, cooled, and chopped, mix it all into a giant bowl.  Add Zesty Italian dressing, crushed red peppers, and parmesan cheese for the best flavor ever!
Take to a party, or enjoy for many meals to come!

1 comment:

Kristin Call said...

Thanks for sharing this Chelsea! I will definitely be trying this. I have a soft-spot for anything with tortellini. YUM