Last week on August 3rd, my cousin David C. Weyerman passed away in a car accident. He was almost 24 years old, and was such an amazing person. Dave was my only cousin the same age as me, and I have so many memories of us growing up together. He always loved teasing me and telling me there were sharks in the lake until I cried when we hung out at Grandpa's house. He loved taking care of animals, including the crickets he would throw on me when we were little...until I cried. Since I never had an older brother, he was someone I could look up to as an example. As we both grew older, Dave and I spoke less since he lived in New Mexico, but we were able to spend some good time together at a recent family reunion in May. I wish I could have told him how much I love him, and what a great cousin he is before he was taken from this life. I hope he knows that his family has SO much love for him, and I know he is in good hands above.
I seriously love my family and friends SO MUCH, and I want them all to know it. My husband, my mom, my dad, my brothers, my sister, my aunts, my uncles, my cousins, my grandparents, my nieces, my nephews, my in-laws, my friends- I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! I realize now how important it is to tell people in your life how much they mean to you, because you never know how much time we all have on earth. To my cousin Dave, you are near and dear to my heart, and I love you so much. I know you are in good hands above, and I look forward to seeing you again after this life.





5 comments:
So sorry about the loss of your "big brother" Dave. That was such a wonderful tribute to him and I really enjoyed reading about him and looking at the pictures. I was surprised to see how much he looks like your Aunt Lori. Thanks again and our condolences to you and all of your family. Love, Aunt Michelle, Uncle Vik & Mia
What a tragic loss, sounds like he was a wonderful cousin and man. I too had a close cousin of mine pass away (also in a car accident), she was one of my best friends. It is such a hard thing to go through- my thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and Robie. We love you guys!
So sorry Chelsea.... :(
Chelsea, so sorry to hear about your cousin. We have been thinking about you. We love you
Beautiful ly written, as always. Dave would have loved it. Especially the parts about how he tormented you. I love you SO MUCH, Chelsea! I hope you know.
Mom
Post a Comment