Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why, Dane, Why!!!?

Ya know that sick feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you forget you mother's birthday, miss an important flight at the airport, or accidently wreck your brother's new car? Times that feeling by 10, and you get the pain I felt when I missed out on FRONT ROW tickets to see Dane Cook. We had planned to see Dane Cook for a while, and decided to invite some friends along with us. We had the WORST seats, but we did not mind, because they were cheap. As we were driving to the concert, our friends called us and told us as they were sitting in their seats, a random worker at the E-Center asked if they would like to sit front row! I guess they were filming, and wanted the front row to look full. They had 4 tickets, but for us to sit front row we had to be there 20 min before the concert started. No problem. We pushed the petal to the metal and speed all the way there. We were so excited! The only thing I have ever been front row for was a David Archuleta concert in my DREAMS! As we were taking our exit off the freeway, traffic stopped. There was this STUPID construction right in the parking lot of the E-Center!!! I wanted to SCREAM as the clock ticked...and ticked...and ticked. Finally, I decided to jump out of the car and make a run for it to the E-Center. I had to get those tickets, or they were going to be given away to someone else in a matter of minutes. As I stepped out of the car to run, our friends called and informed us the "E-Center" people had to give the tickets to someone else. AHHH!!! I wanted to cry, and then came the sick feeling in my stomach. So, instead of being in these seats here: (see yellow stars)

...we were stuck on the very top row with all the heckler drunks. The whole time, I was looking down and I could see our friends laughing and having a jolly time on the front row. The front row we should have been ours. (A little bitter, I am.) AND, to make things worse, after the show I get a picture text from my brother-in-law, Jon David (who was not even supposed to be at the show).Yes, yes it is what you think it is. It is the extremely HOT DANE COOK and Jon David...hangin' out backstage! I think this is the point I completely lost it! In conclusion, I have the worst luck ever and will never live the dream of being on the front row. At least it was not a David Archuleta concert. If that were the case, I would probably be in a crazy house by now.

1 comment:

Rock's said...

soooo sad! Reminds me when I went to a Laker game when I first started wearing glasses to drive because I couldn't see far away very good. Since I rode to the game with friends, my glasses were in my car and the whole game (including triple overtime) was fuzzy! UGH!!!