Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bringing back the mojo

The last month, I have been kind of burnt out on couponing.  I feel like every time I spend hours planning a big shopping trip, I end up discouraged since half the items I needed or wanted are cleared off the shelf as soon as I get to the store.  I was also weeks behind on clipping inserts, and every week I didn't clip just made the pile bigger and bigger.  This happens to even the best couponers at times, so I was not too worried, but I wondered when I would get my mojo back.  I decided I would go to Wal-Mart to buy some milk and see how many of my coupons I could use to get completely free items.  I was shocked to see how many items were actually stocked on a Tuesday!  The whole shopping trip was not too big, but I ended up with some good deals.

The grand total = $3.74  
I would count that as a success.  That little trip was just enough to give me that wonderful coupon "high", and now I am back in the swing of things like usual.  Life is good.

4 comments:

Ransom said...

woah! Can't believe how much you scored in one trip! I have yet to buy multiple items at once...

So what do you do, but sunday papers or buy coupons on ebay? My Sunday paper is like $2 and it only has the SS coupon insert while the RP comes in the mail on weds... meaning I only get one... I'm not sure what to do.

Kristin said...

Hey Chelsea!
Next time, call me? So I can come with you! My mojo is gone (and has been all summer). Well done, tho!

Jessica said...

Dang girl you are amazing!! After Porntepp saw your storage room he came home and told me I need to take some lessons from you or shop with you! I told him not until we have room to store that kind of stuff!! But I'm amazed at your skills!!

Lauren A said...

wow! you're amazing!!