I learned how to crochet at a church youth activity when I was 14 years old. I bought some blue yarn and decided I would make a scarf...a really long scarf.
Then, I just kept adding more and more yarn until I decided it was going to be a table runner.
Then, more yarn was added, and I decided it was going to be a blanket for a boy I had a crush on in middle school.
As time passed, the blanket was still not finished. I worked on it some more in high school, and decided I would make it for a guy I was dating.
Eventually, high school ended, and the blanket was still not finished. (Lucky for me, because the guy I was dating ended up being a jerk and didn't deserve it anyway.) It was time to go to college, so I packed up my unfinished blanket and yarn and brought it to BYU. I just knew this is the place I was going to meet that special someone that was deserving of my blanket. If only I could finish it.
Then I met this handsome hunk named Robie. I had a feeling he was the one, so I worked hard crocheting and crocheting...but still the blanket was not finished.
I really thought I could finish it and give it to Robie as a wedding gift. That never happened, so I decided I would give it to my first born if/when I ever had a baby.
When I learned I was having a boy, I thought it was meant to be since the blanket's yarn was blue. I worked and worked to finish the blanket before Jaxon's birth, but as time passed, Jaxon was born, and still the blanket was unfinished.
Then came yesterday, April 7, 2011. Robie and I were watching a movie, and I decided it was time I finally finished the blanket...and I did! I can't believe it took me 9-almost 10- years to finish this thing, and even more I can't believe I kept it with me along the journey instead of giving up and losing track of where it was. So, here it is in all its glory!
Just for size comparison, here it is on our king sized bed. You can see why it took me so long to make.
The blanket finally has an owner, and after all those years of crocheting, this little smile was totally worth the hard work.



2 comments:
Simply awesome.
You're amazing! Way to finish it! It looks really good. It was good to see you guys and your adorable baby last night. Thanks for sitting in my section and the awesome tip, you guys are so nice. Let's play soon!
Post a Comment