Monday, April 11, 2011

Easter Crafts

Easter is not my favorite holiday.  Easter reminds us of Christ's atonement and resurrection, and I love that, but Easter also has the Easter bunny.  Maybe I had a traumatic experience as a child, but the Easter bunny really creeps me out. (I'll leave that to my annual "creepy Easter bunny photos" post later on though.)  I also don't like cheesy Easter slogans or dying eggs, so when I saw this cute egg decoration on a friend's blog, I fell in love.  I love all the colors, and it's the perfect spring decor to celebrate the holiday without going overboard.  Plus, it is practically free to make...and I love anything free.  Check it out HERE.

(No matter how hard I try, I can't get a streak free look on this mirror.  Nothing works!  Any suggestions?)
I also love this little craft I made for Easter a few years ago:
Each egg has a scripture and an object that tells the story of Christ's resurrection.  It makes it really fun for kids to get involved in the story, and it has become a little tradition in our house.  I just painted an egg carton white and decorated the top with paper.  You can also just number the eggs in order and put them in a bucket if that's easier.  THIS SITE has the scriptures and all the objects you will need to put in the eggs.

I would love to know what Easter crafts or traditions you have?  I am always looking for new fun things to bring to our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love free crafts! And I love that egg carton idea, so perfect!