Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sewing

Robie travels a couple times a month for business, so when he is gone I have found myself sewing a lot to keep busy.  I am new to sewing, and I don't really know what I am doing most of the time.  I got a sewing machine for Christmas this past year, and I had to have a friend teach me how to turn it on and thread it.  So far I have only been able to make a few blankets and car seat covers.  Here are a few I finished recently:

Receiving Blankets:
I use them to swaddle Jax at night since he grew too big for the smaller ones.
 
Car-Seat Covers:
This first one I made was for Jaxon's buddy, Gabriel Giddings, before he moved away to Texas.  We miss you guys!
This next one is Jaxon's, and I love the green and bright blue colors for spring.
 This last one I made for a friend in my ward who is expecting a baby boy in June.
I am currently working on a couple really cute girl ones, so maybe I will post a tutorial with them later.  Hopefully I will be able to improve my sewing skills in the future, so I can expand to other sewing crafts.  I really want to make an advent calendar before Christmas, but we will see how that goes.

3 comments:

VoNique said...

Those are adorable! I might have to make one of those one day!

tiffy said...

Look at you!! Way cute stuff!!! I wish we lived closer so we could craft together! Take advantage of your time as Jaxon is a baby because I find myself with zero time for myself lately.

Jessica said...

I need to come over and have you teach me how to make a car seat cover!