Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gavin's Baby Blessing

Gavin's baby blessing was on Sunday, December 30th.  It was our very last Sunday to have church at 9am before it switched to 11am, so I was extremely grateful for our family and close friends that woke up early to be there.  My family, a few of Robie's family members, and our close friends the Giddings were all there to share Gavin's special day.  Robie gave a beautiful blessing, and then we all went to our house for brunch (muffins, doughnuts, pumpkin rolls, bagels, fruit, juice, and milk).

I am not a big fan of the traditional boy blessing outfits that are in most of the stores, so when Jax was blessed I decided to start a tradition of blessing ties.  I love how dapper my boys all look in their matching ties.  I plan to frame their ties with their baby blessings sometime soon, so they can have them hanging in their rooms.  I am sad we didn't get a picture with my family after the blessing, but I am glad we got the few pictures we did.  Thanks to everyone who shared our special day with us!


 Dan, Jen, Luther, and Daniel Giddings
 Gavin and me with Robie's mom and sisters

No comments: