Monday, February 14, 2011

Rolling Over

Is this normal?  When Jaxon was 3 weeks old, I put him on his stomach for tummy time.  My phone rang, so I went into my bedroom to answer it.  I was gone for literally 4 seconds.  When I came back, he was on his back.  I couldn't really believe he had rolled over, but sure enough he did it again later that day.  Now he rolls over all the time from his stomach to his back.  I thought this was completely normal, but evidently babies usually don't roll over until about 14 weeks old (that's what people keep telling me at least).  Here is proof.

4 Weeks:


6 Weeks:


I guess he hates tummy time so much, he just had to find a way to roll.  I just hope he does not start walking super early.  The longer I can put off chasing him around the house-the better.

7 comments:

Sarah Orme said...

Yeah that is totally not normal. To do it once...ok ok....but that many times over again? Wow what a strong little guy. Congrats. Lucy can do it but has no interest in rolling over which is awesome bc I can still leave her on the bed for a few seconds at a time. Congrats. I am happy you are happy being a mom and staying home. Its a blast. It only gets boring and lonely if you make it that.

Joanie Harbor said...

WOW that is impressive!! usually it is more like 4 months ish when they do that.... just keep a close eye on him when he is sleeping so he doesn't get caught on his tummy and can't get back.

Heather said...

Awesome! What a rad kid! Hannah hasn't even attempted to roll over yet and we're rounding out 3 months :) Jaxon is one strong kid.

Stephanie said...

He Hates Tummy time! Don't leave him out of your site high up ever! Miss you

Stephanie said...

sight*

Monica said...

I still can't believe this! so crazy!
It was fun to see you guys. Jaxon sure is a cute little thing!

Braeden Wright said...

That's awesome Chels. Next thing you know he will be borrowing your car and getting a job. At the rate he is going he will be around 5 when he starts doing that. haha.