Monday, November 22, 2010

These are a few of [Oprah's] favorite things

Robie and I were watching old SNL re-runs a few nights ago, and this parody came on: (sorry- the video is poor quality)



I thought it was hilarious, but Robie thought it was a little over-the-top dramatic.  It was not until this year's Oprah's favorite things show that recently aired that he realized the SNL skit really is not that far from reality:



Those ladies are CA-RAZY!  I probably would be too if I got all this stuff (there were 44 things total, but here are a few):
  • Ralph Lauren cashmere sweater
  • Tori Burch grey flannel tote
  • a home candle with 18 different scents
  • Apple ipad
  • books from Marianne Williamson and Jay-Z
  • 7-day Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas cruise
  • an Oprah 25′th anniversary watch from Phillip Stein worth nearly $2500
  • five years of free Netflix
  • custom closet from the Container Store
  • $3600 Sony 3D TV
  • $700 Nikon Digital SLR Camera
  • Limited Sparkles UGG Boots (LOVE THESE!)
  • $525 pair of Judith Ripka sapphire earrings
  • VW 2012 Beetle
Dang, if only I were there!  I think that might just about cover my Christmas Shopping for the year.

2 comments:

Jacie Saltzman said...

one of my best friends sisters was there. im jealous for life. i sat there watching the episode just like, " no way! NO WAYYYY!!!!" haha and part 2 is todayyy! yes!

Sarah Orme said...

MY inlaws were discussing this today how the SNL skit is pretty acurate. So fun.