Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am thankful

During the month of November, I have been writing down one thing every day that I am thankful for.  There is SO much I have to be grateful for in my life, but here are just a few things that came to mind this month:
  1. Mashed Potatoes with gravy
  2. Robie's Job that allows me to have flexibility when our baby comes
  3. My dogs- Gizmo and Cooper who are always happy to see me and make me feel protected when Robie is out of town for work
  4. Egg rolls at China Isle- perfectly crispy and delicious
  5. Boots that fit around my pregnant cankles and keep my feet warm in the winter snow
  6. Coca-Cola Slurpees at 7-11 that satisfy my cravings daily
  7. My loving family who is always there for me
  8. My car that gets me safely from point A to B
  9. Little kicks that let me know my baby boy is safe
  10. Missionaries
  11. Ultrasounds and doctors who are proactive in treating things before they become problems
  12. Strangers who could be selfish, but instead they are generous and kind
  13. A strong, happy marriage to my wonderful husband
  14. Beautiful sunsets every day on the drive home from work
  15. Hot chocolate with a TON of marshmellows
  16. Answered prayers
  17. Packages with my name on it waiting at my doorstep
  18. Coupons
  19. Art- breathtaking paintings by people who were misunderstood in their time
  20. Spontaneous movie dates with Robie while we can still go to the theater
  21. Grocery stores that make it so easy to provide meals for my family without struggle for food
  22. Music that says exactly what I think but can't say
  23. Amazing friends
  24. A merciful Heavenly Father who knows I am not perfect and still loves me
  25. Thanksgiving- even if I can't be with my family in Texas, I am glad to have good in-laws to welcome me for the holidays
  26. BLACK FRIDAY!- One of my favorite days of the year!  Waking up at 2am, waiting in long lines, competing for super sales, getting your hands on that amazing deal, breakfast when you can't shop any longer, and passing out in bed at 11am.  Priceless.

    1 comment:

    Souza Family said...

    Great list! I just wanted to add, I totally craved coke slurpies during my pregnancy too.