Saturday, September 11, 2010

I WON!

While Robie was in his Saturday morning class today, I strolled over to the Utah Valley Women's Expo to check things out.  There were so many cute booths with things I wanted to buy, but I reserved myself to just a few items.  I got a cute car seat cover, father/son matching ties, and a cute iron spider decoration for Halloween.  I usually don't like entering to win all the giveaways (because we all know you never win and they just send you spam once they have your info), but there were a few I put my name in for just for fun.  Later this afternoon, I got a phone call.  It was one of the booths, and I won a prize!!!  Not just any prize, but a FREAKING BREAST PUMP!  This thing is nice- $140 value at Babies R Us.  I never thought I would be excited over a product that pulls and stretches nipples to the point of pain, but I never win anything, so it's pretty exciting.  Yeah!
And here is a belly pic for the family to see at 24 weeks.  I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable now, I can't see my feet, my legs and feet are swollen, and the baby's kicks are more like huge punches that make me twitch and jump from their alarming strength.  Sometimes, he punches my bladder and I immediately have to JUMP up and run to the bathroom for fear of peeing my pants. As much as I hate what my body has become (and what it will become in the final months), it just makes the outcome that much better and Robie and I can't wait for this little guy to arrive.

2 comments:

Joanie Harbor said...

eyaaa that is exciting! and pumps are very useful :) and the whole pain thing ... its not that bad, and you will get so use to it, it won't phase you anymore.

Souza Family said...

You look great and that is awesome to win a breast pump because of all the things, who really wants to fork out the cash for that!