Thursday, September 30, 2010

Decorating and Collecting

About a month ago, the nesting thing REALLY kicked in, and ever since I have been on hyper mode working on projects and getting things done.  Or maybe it's because football season started and Robie is glued to the TV all weekend, so I have to keep myself busy with projects.  Either way, It's kind of nice having all this extra energy, but the third trimester is coming soon (1 week!), and I know my energy levels will be on the decline.

For my first project, I decided to add some color to the nursery.  I only painted the far wall since our walls were already painted a beige, but I think it turned out super cute and brightens the room a ton.

Before:
During:
After:

Then, I worked on decorating letters to hang above the crib from these adorable bird hooks I found at Urban Outfitters.  I used scrapbook paper and mod podge on the wooden letters.

Before:
During:
After:

This weekend, I plan on painting our front door.  I have already purchased the paint, and I can't wait to get started.

Here are a few other fun things Robie and I have been slowly collecting for the baby.  Since we started early getting little things here and there, it has not been a stressful process at all.  In fact, buying all the stuff and decorating is my favorite thing about being pregnant.  So, here is a little preview of things before it all comes together.

Vinyl Stickers for the walls:
(I ordered the owl in teal)

Jeep stroller:
This stroller was recommended from a friend, and after test driving it, I fell in love!  (Thanks Sarah!)  It is even compatible with a few different brands of car seats, so it's like a customized travel system.  My favorite part is that the basket underneath the stroller goes under your baby's feet, so if their shoes fall off or they drop a toy, the basket catches it.
Car Seat:
Chicco is the ONLY option I would consider when purchasing a car seat.  They are built so much better than other brands, and have the best crash rating results.  I don't like how they can't fit into a grocery store shopping cart easily, but I love the bright colors and how easy they are to install.  We went with the Texas Longhorn orange one, and I found a cute car seat cover to go with it.

Just for fun:
I couldn't resist this adorable knit owl newborn hat I found on Etsy.  LOVE!  I am definitely using this hat for newborn pics.

The Crib:
Something about a crib makes me feel like things are official.  It is in the process of being shipped right now, and I can't wait for it to arrive.
We are so excited for our little guy to get here.  I know there are still a few months to go, but we are so grateful that things are going so well.  There is never a day that goes by where I don't thank my Heavenly Father for the blessing that we were able to finally get pregnant.  The gift of life is such a miracle.  Sometimes, I get scared to think about how I am going to be a mom and raise a child.  It seriously freaks me out.  But when I get those fears, Robie always assures me that things will be fine.  I have such a wonderful husband, and I love him so much.  I know he will be the best dad ever, and as long as we are together, we can get through anything.

6 comments:

Souza Family said...

Everything is so cute!! I am jealous that you have done so much. I always have big plans, then poop out and get half way through projects. I have all 3 of my kids names to hang on the wall with the paper all modge podged on, but haven't finished sanding the edges and hanging them... Glad you are loving your stroller. I love mine too. The basket underneath holds so much and is easy to get things in and out. Our double jogger is a son of a gun trying to get stuff in and out of the basket so we never use it anymore.

Ransom and Brooke Young said...

You are so ambitious! It all looks perfect! Good luck during your third trimester! I hope it doesn't drag on too long :)

Monica said...

The room looks so cute. I'm lovin those hooks!

Anne said...

those letters are awesome! looks like you are having fun getting everything ready.

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

That is all sooo cute! I absolutely LOVE the owls and tree theme you have! So cute! I was thinking about robots! Sounds like you're getting things all ready! Good luck with everything :)

Russ and Misty said...

everything is soooo cute! i love that crib! i cant wait to see the baby room all completed