Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dropped Call

For the last 2 weeks, the local radio station has been giving away tickets to see David Archuleta at their private concert.  They have 5 times each day you can call in, and you better believe I tried calling at EVERY one of those times.  Caller #10 is the winner, and I was caller #4 three times, and caller #7 one time.  When you are not the right caller, they always say "Sorry.  You're caller #X, try back agian." and hang up. On Monday, while driving to work, I was calling in, and the phone rang.  "Sorry, you're caller #1.  Try again."  Click.  Fail!  So, I tried again and it started ringing again.  This time, they answered the phone, "Hi, Mix 107.9.  Who is this?"  I was freaking out inside, and managed to respond, "This is Chelsea.  What caller am I?"  ........  "Hello?"  ........ Silence.  I looked at my phone, and it had dropped the call.  What followed out of my mouth after that moment should stay between my car and me.  I'm pretty sure I would have been the winner that day.  In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say, yes, I was the winner.  My phone and I are no longer on good terms.  Whatever though.  I'm over it. 

The private concert was Tuesday, and I found these clips online from it.  The first one is David talking about how he thinks holding hands is gross.  Hmmm...sometimes I really wonder about that kid. 







I have had the chance to preview some of the tracks from his new CD coming in October.  I can't say I am super impressed, but I'll still give it a chance.  Maybe my days of Archuleta obsession are near an end?

No comments: