Tuesday, June 8, 2010

10w 4d

Today marks 10 weeks and 4 days, which is also the day we learned of our miscarriage last time.  On that day, I took this post off my blog.  I promised myself that on the 10w 4d mark next time, I would put it up again.  So, with great delight, here it is!

Dear Baby,

Thanks for finally coming down to be in our family.  This week you are 10 weeks old, and your Dad and I love you SO MUCH!  We are so proud of you for growing fingers and toes, and we are happy to see that tail you had has almost gone away.  You are growing over 25,000 neurons a minute...you are so smart!  I remember the moment I found out you were in my tummy.  It was such a happy day.  You were so tiny then at the size of a single sesame seed...
...then you grew and grew until you were the size of a bean.  I loved calling you "My Little Bean".  Even though you made me feel sick and nauseous, I knew I had to eat some food so you could grow...
 
...and grow you did, into the size of Eva Longoria's wedding ring!  (I know you don't know who that is, but I assure you her ring is REALLY big!)  However, as much as you loved being this big, you had to grow bigger and bigger...


...until you grew to where you are now- the size of a small plum!  Congratulations little baby, we are so proud of you!  It is still hard for me to understand how even at this size you are causing my jeans to not fit anymore, but it's okay because I love you SO much that I am willing to sacrifice anything and everything for you.

I can't wait until you grow big enough to know if you are a boy or girl, but until then I will have to be patient and enjoy you while you are so small.  Thanks for choosing us as your family.  We love you so much!

Love,
Your Mom

1 comment:

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Aww how cute! Isn't it amazing how we get here on earth?! Congrats! I know things will be better this time around! Good luck with everything!