On Tuesday, David Archuleta was at Deseret Book in Orem for a book signing. I was at work,but since Robie is laid off, I pleaded with him to go early and wait in line so I could go during lunch and get a book signed. Although he was slightly annoyed at my minor obsession, he agreed and went early to wait in line. Once he got there, he realized there was NO way I would make it through the 3 hour wait during my short lunch break, so he got on his phone to send me a text. That's when David, being escorted by body guards, bumped shoulders with Robie as he was trying to get into Deseret Book. Robie snapped a quick shot on his cell phone for me.
Even though I knew I was not going to get through the book signing line, I was already driving to meet Robie for lunch, so I thought I would stop by just to sneak a peak and maybe buy a book. Since everyone and their dog was waiting in a line that wrapped completely around the building, no one was inside of the store. I just walked right in front of him and snapped a few pics just before my camera battery died. It was great!
Just as I was about to leave, guess who I saw?! That's right....the creepy cougar from the meet and greet I went to! (Robie does not like me calling her a cougar, because I guess that implies a hot older lady. So, from now on, she will be known as the Creeper.) The Creeper was one of the first ones in the book signing line, meaning she probably spent the night in a tent to get that position. She had the same intense crazy eyed stalker stare she did before, and again I felt really bad for David that he had to endure this lady twice his age that obviously is in love with him. Poor guy. So, I didn't get a book signed, but that's okay with me. I don't think I could ever wait in line that long. Plus, a picture is way better anyway.


No comments:
Post a Comment