A vacation from myself
Today was a much needed day for ME. With no school, no work, and Robie gone all day...what to do? Well, after sleeping in, I got up and made a nice breakfast of egg whites, wheat toast with honey, and strawberry yogurt. Then, I caught up on a TON of shows I have TIVO-ed and never had time to watch. Around 1pm, and still in my pajamas, I decided to download some songs I have wanted on my ipod for a while. Then, I prepared a much needed bubble bath equipped with all the essentials; bubbles, candles, my new musical tunes, and a good book. It was nice to give my dry damaged mane a rich conditioning treatment. Last, I transformed my face from what can only be described as a snake skin texture into a baby's bottom with an amazing facial. (Thank-you Mary Kay Micro Derm Abrasion!) Being alone all day long would usually sound like a bore to me, however, it was SO nice to be alone with my thoughts and ONLY my thoughts. The songs on my ipod in the background were the only sounds accompanying my own mind chattering away in my head. It was a much needed vacation from myself, in a way, to find myself. It was like a day at my very own spa, and I loved every minute of it. The day got even better when Robie got home from work, and we went to Fuddruckers and had the BEST burger ever! MMM...So, if you have lost your inner self, I would suggest taking a day off from EVERYTHING to go to your personal spa. It is amazing what you can learn from the silence.
1 comment:
I WISH! :* Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment