Robie's real birthday was on Wednesday, February 20th. For Robie, the day started with him waking up at 7:15am as usual and getting ready for work as I quietly snoozed away in my bed like always. Little did Robie know, the second he shut the garage door and drove away, I was up and getting the kids loaded in their car seats for his first birthday surprise. I drove to Krispy Kreme and picked up a dozen donuts (and maybe a few more for myself), and then drove the 25 minutes to Robie's office. Then the fun began. I marked his car windows up with sayings like "It's my Dirty Thirty" and "Honk for the Bday boy!", and then I slathered his car with mud and dirt. I think I had a little more fun doing this than I would like to admit. I then added a special parking ticket I had bought marked with violations like "being too damn old to drive a car" and "not driving an American car" signed by Officer Sexy Wife.
Later that evening when Robie got home from work, I gave him his presents. I wanted to get him a good gift for his 30th bday, but I also wanted to get him something fun. I ended up getting him a new set of Taylor Made golf clubs, a new shirt from The Buckle, some fake golf balls that explode when you hit them, some Fruit Ninja candy, some Sons of Anarchy shirts for the kids (he loves that show), and last but not least...Obama toilet paper. Bahahahahaha!!!
The celebration didn't end there. Originally I was going to surprise Robie during his bday weekend by getting a hotel in Saint George and visiting our friends that live there. Because I can't keep a surprise to myself, I ended up telling Robie my plans. In this case, it ended up being a good thing, because he got excited and took over, turning the weekend into a much bigger event than I could have ever planned. We ended up spending 4 days near Zion National Park in a huge cabin with 4 other couples and their kids. There were about 25 people, and it turned out to be so much fun. The cabin was so big, and it was so nice. It was on hundreds of acres of land on top of a mountain, so the views were amazing. We spent the whole weekend playing games, watching movies, soaking in the hot tub, relaxing, and of course eating way to much good food. Thanks to all the people who came and celebrated Robie's birthday with us. It was so much fun!
This bear is the first thing you see when you walk in. There were animals everywhere in this place!
Kitchen and dining room
Upstairs play area
Downstairs there was a huge game room with air hockey, pool, a bunch of arcade games, and video games for days. The kids loved it!
Just a couple of the bedrooms. There were 8 total.
Hot tub with the best view ever! It was so pretty watching the sunset. My phone pics don't even do it justice.
Robie's cheesy smile before blowing out his birthday cake.
We brought our two dogs, and our friends brought their new little puppy, Lola. She was so adorable and loved giving the kids kisses.
Our close friends Eric and Corinn. They moved to Saint George, so we don't get to see them and their 3 kids much anymore. When they got to the cabin, their son Maddox was wearing the same pjs as Gavin and Jaxon. It was pretty cute how they all matched.
Before leaving, I made sure to say goodbye to the cabin bear. We definitely bonded over the weekend and shared a special goodbye moment together.
On our way home, we drove through Zion National Park. I had never been there, but Robie used to go climbing and repelling there all the time before we met. It was so beautiful! I wish we could have stayed there longer, but alas we had to make the long drive back home.
Happy 30th Birthday Robie! Hope your birthday week was full of surprises, family, friends, and a ton of fun. Love you!

2 comments:
You are such an awesome wife. What a great birthday you planned. ANd you're ambitious with both kids too. I need to be more brave like that. Glas you guys had a great time.
You're such a good wife!! I love what you did to his car, sooo funny!!
Post a Comment