This morning I was pressed for time and rushing to get out of the house to meet my sister-in-laws for lunch. I was running through my "get out the house checklist": getting ready, getting kids ready, brushing my hair, getting my shoes on, taking the dogs out to pee, and packing the diaper bag with bottles, snacks, diapers, and sippy cups. As always, I was running a few minutes late. Just as I was getting ready to buckle Gavin in his car seat and throw him and Jax in the car, I was interrupted by the sound of Gavin laughing harder than I have ever heard him laugh. As I turned to see what could possibly be making him laugh so hard, my heart melted. I saw my two boys playing and laughing together for the very first time. It was a small and short lived moment, but it was a moment I will never forget. I love how much Jaxon loves his little brother. I have gotten Gavin to laugh, but not as hard as Jaxon did today. At one point, it was a hard chuckle. Simply adorable.
I feel so blessed to have these two amazing little boys in my life. Sometimes things get crazy, toys get broken, houses get messy, fits get thrown, and tears are shed (mostly by me), but in the chaos there is always a smile, a laugh, a hug, a kiss, or an "I love you mama" that makes all the stress of raising two boys totally worth it.
*Gavin was laughing a lot harder before I got this video, but at least I got a little bit of it. Turn up the volume to hear it better. And ignore Jaxon's messy hair. It was a hat day.
1 comment:
It's the same with my girls! NOBODY can make Alexa laugh like Olivia can! They have some sort of connection or something! It's amazing to watch...
Post a Comment