Thursday, February 28, 2013

Be Mine

Most couples say the same thing every year: "You don't have to get me anything for Valentine's Day", but everyone knows that's crap, and deep down inside you're really expecting a gift that lets you know you were thought of on the day of love.  Even if it is a love note written on a napkin with a fun size candy bar attached, it's more about the thought than anything else. 

This year I expected Robie to get me a simple card and flowers, so I figured I would one up him. At 4am while I was awake attending to Gavin's routine night feeding, I made like a ninja and decorated the inside of Robie's car full of fun Valentine's Day treats and love notes.  I thought it was the perfect gift and delivery, until later that day Robie called me on the phone telling me to search the house for my V-day gift.  I looked all over, until I found a gift card to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and a another gift card to The Canyons Resort in Park City (super nice place).  I guess you can't out-ninja a ninja. 


Seriously though, the gifts don't matter.  Really the only thing that matters is my love for the three Valentine's in my life.  Seeing their faces and smiles every day is the best gift I could ever get.  I am so lucky to have Robie as my main Valentine every day for eternity.  He is the best father and husband anyone could ask for, and I am such a lucky gal to be his. Mwah!

No comments: