Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Countdown to Oahu

In just a couple weeks, we are headed to this beautiful place for a last vacation before little man #2 comes.  I am a little nervous, because I feel like Hawaii is so far away that it's almost like another country.  I have never been there, and I don't know what to really expect, but I am sure it will be awesome.  We are staying in a condo in Makaha, Oahu.  I am pretty thrilled about the place we got, because it is more secluded and less touristy.

I am pretty nervous about the long plane ride, because we are bringing Jaxon along with us.  I have slowly been purchasing new toys and books that will be exclusively for the plane.  I am also making a few file folder games to keep him entertained.  Any other recommendations of fun things to keep a toddler busy on a plane?  Also, if anyone has been to Oahu before and has suggestions on what fun things we could do, I would love to hear them.  Remember, I will be about 7 months pregnant and we have Jaxon, so although skydiving and deep sea scuba diving sound fun, they are not really options for us this time around.  Let the countdown begin!



2 comments:

Russ and Misty said...

you will LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Have so much fun.

The Neels said...

Definitely go to the Polynesian Cultural Center. It will take a full day and stay for the luau at night. Very fun. Will you have a car? If so, driver the perimeter all around the island. Especially on the north side by Turtle Bay and the south by Hanauma Bay. There is a beautiful look out. Have fun!!