I am over half way done with this pregnancy, and it seems like the time is flying by. Seriously, time needs to slow down. I feel like it was yesterday that I was at my first doctor appointment, and pretty soon I will be taking the glucose test and having bi-monthly doctor appointments. Everything at our 21 week ultrasound went well, and so far it seems like our baby boy is healthy and strong. He is measuring a little bigger than average. We didn't get a good picture of his face since he was hiding it most of the ultrasound, but we got a really cute shot of his cute little body. We joke that we are having a headless baby.
Robie felt our little guy kick for the first time on Thursday. The placenta for the baby covers the whole front of my stomach, so it's harder for anyone but me to feel kicks from the outside. I can tell he has gotten a lot stronger in the last week, because his kicks are starting to feel uncomfortable. He is usually most active around 10:30-11pm...of course right when I want to go to bed.
I am getting a little nervous about how I am going to manage a newborn and a toddler, but I am also excited to see Jaxon bond with his little brother. We have been slowly moving things out of our junk/computer room to make room for Jaxon's new bedroom. I think I am more stressed about getting new things for Jaxon's new room than I am getting things for the baby (dresser, bed, toy/book storage...). It seems like we already have everything we need baby related, but I have bought him a few new outfits of his very own. We decided on two names, and we are going to wait until we see him to decide. Here is a belly shot at 22 weeks. Sometimes I feel a little guilty that I don't take weekly pictures with
this pregnancy like I did with Jaxon, but I guess that just kind of
happens with the second child. (Sorry little baby.) I am almost to the point where I need help getting off the couch and borderline suffocate when I shave my legs or paint my toenails. I have to remind myself to enjoy this middle stage, because things are going to get much MUCH worse in the awkward/discomfort department. But, no matter how uncomfortable things get, the end result is worth every second. I can't wait to meet our little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment