Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Jaxon 18 Months

Jaxon will always be my little baby boy, but at one and a half years old, he is turning into such a big boy.  He is wanting more and more independence every day, and that can be hard since he still can't fully communicate.  I really never knew what a sweetheart little boys could be, but Jaxon is the sweetest ever.  For the record, here is life at 18 months for Jaxon:
  • Weighs 23.3 lbs (28%)
  • Height 32 inches (35%)
  • Head 19 inches (75%)  Probably his huge brain, right?
  • Wears size 18-24 month clothes
  • Wears size 5 shoes
  • Least Favorite Foods: Blueberries, Juice, Cranberries, Jello, Lima Beans, Carrots
  • Favorite Foods: Watermelon, Grapes, Bananas, Pears, Mandarin oranges, Green Beans, Peas, Corn, Ravioli, Lasagna, Activia Yogurt, Teddy Grahams, String cheese, deli meat, Lucky Charms, and pretty much anything I am eating.  
I have to avoid him seeing the bananas at the grocery store like a ninja, or he cries and cries for them.  Multiple times I had to buy one single banana at the checkout in the middle of my shopping trip just so he would calm down.  He loves them!

  • He LOVES giving knuckles and kisses.  Seriously, this kid is a kisses slut.  He will give kisses to anyone that asks.  Here is his kisses face.
  • He knows a lot of words and learns one or two new words a week.  Dog, (Barks), Cow, (Moos), Duck, (Quacks), Fishy, Car, Socks, Whoa!, Up, "go-gurt" for yogurt, ba-ba, Da-Da, Mum or Mama, di-di (blanket), signs for Milk, and the Russian we thought he spoke was really him saying "tickle-tickle-tickle" really fast.  
  • He understands almost everything we tell him, so that makes life super easy when I say things like, "Let's change your diaper", "Let's get in the car", or "Let's take a bath".
  • He is really smart with puzzles and problem solving.  He can figure almost anything out on his second try like it was a piece of cake.
  •  He loves running around the house in his Batman/Superman cape we bought him at the Freedom Festival.  I love that he's turning into such a little boy.
  •  He loves snuggling with his blanket or any stuffed animal.  His favorite is his giant dog and his duck.  He gives them all hugs daily.
  •  I took him bowling and he loved watching the ball knock down the pins.  He yelled, "Whoah!" every time it happened.
  •  He loves going to Seven Peaks Waterpark, and I love it because it's literally one minute from our house.  We did have a scare the other day where he fell in the kiddie pool and his life vest was keeping him from turning over to breathe.  It was so scary, but he coughed up the water and was okay.  I can't wait until he can swim well on his own.  He loves going down the big slides with daddy. He also likes visiting splash pads and playing in the water.
  • Just to get out of the house sometimes, I take him to McDonald's for a lunch date.  He loves playing on the playground there.  Last time we went, he ate his first Happy Meal like a big boy and insisted on dipping his chicken nuggets before eating them.  He was really excited to get the toy in the Happy Meal too.
  •  We had our first family camping trip.  Robie hates camping, so the only reason he went was because his whole family was going.  It ended up being really fun, and Jaxon loved the tent and being outdoors.
  •  LAST BUT NOT LEAST...is my favorite new thing that Jaxon has been doing.  It all started one day when he randomly came up to me, put his head on my belly, and said, "Baby".  I was so shocked, so I called Robie to tell him what had happened.  He had never said baby up to this point, and it was so strange that he would just randomly do that.  Ever since, he has been saying baby all the time and even points babies out in public that he sees.  It really melts my heart every time.  I took a video of him saying "Baby" a bunch, because I think his little voice is just so adorable.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/97f0mClgD0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's great hearing about Jaxon's adventures. Thx for keeping current on your blog. It still amazes me that you update it but that really is the smart thing to do. I wish I would have kept better records on Mia. Thanks!!!