Wednesday, January 4, 2012

ONE

Yesterday, my baby boy turned one.  When I think back to the day he was born, I remember having so much love for him, and that love has multiplied every day since.  My heart swells when I think about how much I love him.  He brings so much joy to my life.  A part of me was worried when he was born not breathing with his umbilical cord around his neck. I figured he would have problems or there would be something wrong with him from such a lack of oxygen to his tiny little brain.  I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the miracle that everything turned out okay.  I am amazed daily at all the new things Jaxon learns.  He has grown up so much, and I can't wait for all the experiences we will get to share in the future.



Size comparison- Newborn vs 12 month


Since Jax is having a birthday party this Saturday, we decided to just hang out and relax for his special day.  We woke up and watched Price is Right together (as is tradition).
Then, I made him a special breakfast of his favorite foods - bananas and pancakes (with birthday sprinkles of course).
After breakfast, we watched Good Things Utah for Jaxon's TV debut.  (They do a baby's first birthday segment, and Jax was featured.)
After a nap, some playing, some lunch, and another nap, Daddy finally got home from work and Jax opened his present.

I think it's going to take a little while for him to figure out that the ball goes IN the basket.  For now, he just likes the ball.  Before bed time, we sang happy birthday to him with ice cream (instead of cake) and enjoyed every last bite.


Happy Birthday my sweet little baby Jax!  We love you!

And for the very last time, here is his final monthly progression pics.
  • Wears size 4 diapers
  • Wears size 12 month clothes
  • Babbles constant nonsense everywhere he goes
  • Drinks whole milk, and hates juice
  • Loves pasta, eggs, bananas, mandarin oranges, and pancakes
  • Gets into cupboards and pulls everything out
  • Loves playing in the dishwasher
and lastly...
  • He WALKS and wears size 4 shoes!
Here are some videos of his mad walking skills (and a little awkward crab crawling).  I call him a little pinball, because he walks from the front door, to the wall, the the chair, to the table, to whatever other landmark he can see, and back to the front door....all day long....all the time.  I love it and I love him.
 

 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

HAPPY BIIRTHDAY JAXON!!!! I was going to call yesterday and then the day was over! ugh! I was so mad I will call you/him today! Love ya lots cute video's so fun to see him walking!!

Souza Family said...

That was a fast year! I have LOVED your monthly progression photos. You will love having that as the years pass and you forget what it was like!
Happy Birthday to Jaxon!