Wednesday, December 7, 2011

11 months

I have been avoiding this post for a while.  I just can't come to grips that my baby is almost a year old.  He's getting so big, and although I love seeing him grow and learn new things, I miss the days I could hold him in my arms all swaddled up in a blanket.  Here is what Jax has been up to in the past month:
  • Wears size 12 month clothes, but still fits in some 6-9 month stuff
  • Wears size 4 diapers
  • Can say "da-da", "uh-oh" (only whispers it), "dow" (for dog), and said "hi" a few times.  He mostly just imitates the vowel sounds of what we say, and he babbles in serious conversation with himself a lot.  Still no sign of saying "ma-ma" anytime soon.
  • Loves animals, especially puppies, and he loves his puppy PJs.
  • He also has been really attached to random objects around the house.  A package of floss, a toothbrush, combs, and especially brushes are his favorite. He will carry them around all day and cry if you take them away.  (He's holding his brush in the pic above.)
  • Eats everything!  His favorites are cut up banana slices, pasta with red sauce, and grilled cheese sandwiches.  He does not like any kind of juice and won't use a sippy cup yet.
  • He loves THIS video and could watch it 10 times a day if I let him. (Again in his puppy PJs)
  •  He likes playing with toys a lot more, and babble talks to them a lot as he plays.  He also likes banging things together, dropping things on the ground, and opening up cupboards just to slam them shut.

    • He can stand on his own and take a few steps, but he won't do it voluntarily.  He loves walking (almost running) around the house with his new walker toy- it was supposed to be for Christmas, but you know how that goes. (He has gotten 10 times better at walking with his walker since this video was taken.)

      1 comment:

      Stephanie said...

      What did I tell you about the walker toy! He looks so cute in the pictures! Once they turn 1, 2 comes even faster!!