Ever since Steve, the insane old man in our basement, moved out, life has been great. We don't have to deal with his crazy antics, we finally have complete privacy, and our house size has doubled. It has been so nice having more space to spread out. The only bad thing is how ugly and boring it looks downstairs. I am constantly day dreaming of how I want to decorate everything, but of course all of my plans include an unlimited budget and never ending shopping sprees to Target, Home Depot, and Bed Bath and Beyond. Just in case you thought otherwise, I am not a millionaire, so my decorating dream is out of the question. Dang, I know that's disappointing to hear. So, to decorate on a dime, I have been shopping a lot of garage sales and finding deals wherever they can be found. I'm taking things slow, and I hope to post each project upon completion until the whole basement is finished.
Here is my first little addition. I bought this ugly wooden board at a garage sale for $1. It was so ugly and almost falling apart. With a little Modge Podge magic and a few magnets to make it snazzy, this project took me a couple hours and only cost about $5 total.
Before: (It was all blue when I bought it, but I forgot to take a picture at the beginning.)
After:



No comments:
Post a Comment