Friday, March 4, 2011

Idol Top Picks

I am really loving this season of American Idol.  There is so much amazing talent this year.  Last night the judges (and America) narrowed it down to the top 13.  Here are my favs so far:

For the girls
My runners up are Pia Toscano and Thia Megia. (Have you noticed how Pia, Thia, AND Megia all rhyme?)  They are both amazing singers, and I am sure will do well.


My top girls pick goes to Lauren Alaina.  She has that star quality like Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood did when they were on Idol, and I am glad to see someone on stage with a little curve to her figure.  Represent.  I really hope she goes far.

For the guys
I think the guys are way better than the girls this year (minus Lauren).  Sorry girls.  It was hard picking my favorite, because they are all so good.  Runners up go to AMAZING country singer Scotty McCreery and Adam Lambert sound alike James Durbin.


My top guys pick goes to...drum roll...Casey Abrams.  He may look Amish, but I love his crazy unconventional style.  I am positive all three of these guys will make it far this year.

Honorable Mention
Dear Paul,
You have the most amazing smile I have ever seen.  Ever.  Your teeth call my name every time I watch you sing on stage.  Those pearly whites put me in a trance, and I can't look away.  I want to run my fingers through your meticulously messed up hair.  I usually don't like scruff, but it fits you well.  I really like your voice, but unfortunately the talent is really good this year and you did not make it in my top picks.  However, if it was up to looks, you would be #1.  Don't fret.  Just keep mesmerizing America with your million dollar smile, and I promise you will have my vote.  I know I am just one person, but Gandhi was just one person and look at all the things he did.  Just saying.

Love,
Chelsea

3 comments:

Ryan Harbor said...

I like your top pics. I actually don't like any of the girls except Lauren -- and she is my fav of the whole competition. I agree, the boys are better. my fav is scottie. and i also think its funny that the scruffy guy (the one you picked as #1) is totally playing up the sexy card (although we all know he is well... not good looking). anyway, it cracks me up!

Ryan Harbor said...

ok so that last comment, and this comment was joanie. not sure why i am signed into ryan's account, and I am too lazy to change it.

Souza Family said...

You are so funny. I totally think Paul is so cute too and I actually am loving his voice. I love Pia and Thia too.
I can not however get on the Scotty ban wagon because he sounds too much like Josh Turner, who I love and I don't feel like we need another Josh.
That's my two cents.
Anyway, I think the talent is great this year too and am very excited because I thought the show might be the pits and it is not.