This weekend I will be doing anything and everything I can to accelerate the process of getting this baby OUT. I am ready, Robie is ready, everything is set up (except the crib- but that is another post entirely), and my body is ready (I don't consider my body an me the same entity anymore). If you happen to stop by, here are a few examples of what you might see me doing this weekend:
Things needed in preparation:
- A willingness to try everything, no matter how silly, disgusting, or painful it may be.
- A deep, burning conviction that surgery will not be a part of my birth experience. (I know if I go overdue, I will have a 10 pound baby that can only come through C-section, and that is NOT happening.)
- Time. A lot of time to devote to the cause.
- Jumping on our mini-trampoline while watching horror movies
- Going up and down the stairs 2 steps at a time
- Walking the dogs multiple times a day with one-foot-on and one-foot-off the sidewalk curb
- Bouncing on my Pilate's ball
- Spicy food (this might be impossible to find in Utah)
- Eating pineapples (which probably won't work, but at least they taste good)
- Getting to know my breast pump- aka nipple stimulation
- Herbal tea loaded with unhealthy amounts of sugar
- Foot massages with therapeutic oils
In my last attempt of desperation, here are the things on the list if baby has not arrived by Christmas:
- Castor Oil- I am still hesitant to try this, but who knows what my mental state will be like at 39 weeks pregnant and desperate for a 2010 tax deduction
- Sweeping the membranes-I heard this is super painful, so I am a little scared...
- (WARNING MOM AND DAD- DON'T READ) In the words of Marvin Gaye-"Let's Get It On". Enough said. (Even though the thought of being touched right now makes me sick since I am so uncomfortably huge)
- Crying- maybe my baby will have sympathy for me?
- Simply telling my baby to "Get the %&#@ out!"
Did I miss anything? If I did, please let me know. I know most of them are myths and probably won't work, but I have to say I tried. I am not expecting anything to happen for a while, and I honestly would prefer a 38-39 week old baby since the longer you wait the healthier they are. However, I can't afford to have a 40 week old baby, because that pushes things to 2011 and goodbye tax deduction. So, if anyone needs some good Karma, send your positive labor vibes my way. Anything is greatly appreciated.
***Coming soon- Nursery Pics!
***Coming soon- Nursery Pics!

6 comments:
DO NOT take castor oil! I did and it made things so difficult! It made me contract super fast and hard and because I had taken it they sent me home from the hospital(!!!)And I had to go through extra hours of contractions because of it! Every nurse I had could tell from my contractions that I had taken it so I got 312 lectures on how bad it was for the baby! just a thought...
Also, nipple stimulation is REALLY dangerous. I wanted to do it too but my doctor showed me sooo many studies about how dangerous it is!
Good luck! I know you're desperate... but just remember that no matter what, you will not be pregnant forever! :)
You are too funny. I've heard that castor oil is NO fun. Something that I read about recently though is Acupressure where you use different pressure points to induce labor. I've heard of it being effective so you could look into that. I'm so excited for you! I hope I get to that point where I will do anything to get this baby out. Good luck!!
The day my water broke (with no contractions or dialation) I ate fresh pinnaple, and orange chicken from panda express. Up until that day, I told Jaxson and Heavenly Father I wasn't ready. Then that day, I said, ok you can come whenever you want. water broke about 6 hrs later....
so I think its probably all a coincidence, but just thought I would share it with you...
DO NOT try castor oil-- I drank a whole bottle and had everything out but a baby.. gross i know.. I would NOT recommend it!
You crack me up!! I remember those days. In the moment it feels like it will never come, but then it does and you can't imagine your life before. When I went to labor and delivery for a false alarm, I told them that I was going to try castor oil and they told me very frankly not to because all it does is give you the runs and then the nurses are mad while you are pooping all over and you are embarassed because they can't hide it from you.
A good old fashion foot/ankle massage put me into labor with the twins, but it didn't work with Anna.
Hang in there and keep your sense of humor!!
Post a Comment