Friday, December 31, 2010

Due Date

It is December 31st.  Today is my due date.  I have been looking forward to this day marked on my calendar for months, but now that it is finally here, I am not happy.  Not having a baby today means that I will be overdue tomorrow.  Just saying the word "overdue" feels like I am saying a 4-letter word.  Not having a baby today also means no baby tax credit for 2010, and an insurance deductible that has to be re-paid all over again tomorrow.  In conclusion, today is not a happy day.  It's actually miserable.  While everyone is toasting to the New Year at midnight tonight, I will be screaming out loud "WHY ME?!"  Okay, I'm done having a pity party for myself.  Now I can look forward to 2011 and know it will be one of the best years of my whole life.  Bring on the labor pains.  I am ready to get this party started!

No comments: