My mind is blank. I have nothing interesting to blog about. The only thing on my mind is getting this baby out, but it seems like that's what my last 3 posts were all about. I guess this will be considered one of those random updates on life.
Christmas was good. I missed my family, but luckily Robie's family is the next best thing away from home. Robie and I had pretty much given each other all our gifts throughout the month, so we didn't have any presents to open on Christmas. My gifts included a sewing machine (which I don't know how to use yet), a magenta pea coat, and my favorite Murad lip gloss. Robie got an ipod touch, a beaver golf head cover (from Jaxon), and a new wardrobe for work. We spent the morning hanging out in our PJs, and went to dinner at Robie's parent's house that afternoon.
Since I didn't have to go back to work yesterday like the rest of the world, I decided to give castor oil a shot at getting this baby out. Bad idea. (Those of you who warned me not to try it can now say I told you so.) I took 2 tbsp with OJ. It wasn't as bad as I thought to get down, and I really didn't feel anything for hours. Then, it hit me. It felt like every organ in my body turned to liquid and shot out of me. Sorry if that's TMI, but if anyone out there is considering trying it, that should be enough to make them reconsider. I got excited when I started having a few contractions, but they quickly vanished into nothing. I should have listened to those who said don't try it, but I think once you get to a certain point being pregnant, you will try ANYTHING- even if other people say not to. You just hold on to that small glimmer of hope that it might work for you. Unfortunately, castor oil didn't work, and I still have a giant baby crammed in my uterus. Dang.
Tomorrow my mom is flying here! Yay! I am glad she will be here to keep my mind off the fact that my due date is 3 days away. No one ever wants to go overdue, but I have a feeling it will happen. I know he will be born eventually, but every day that goes by I wonder if he's getting TOO big, if he has enough room, if he's still alive, and if he's getting sick swallowing meconium. It's scary having a baby too early, but I never realized how scary it is having a baby too late. I am so grateful that my mom is able to take time off to spend with me. She will be able to spend about 2 weeks here in Utah, and I am excited that she will be here for Jaxon's arrival.
And now...some comic relief for a way too serious post:




2 comments:
I have been thinking of you. I can't wait to see the pics of the new little guy!! I can relate to your feelings of desperation! It is great that your mom will be with you though!! Maybe Jaxon just wants his grandma there on the day he arrives???
I keep thinking that the next time I get on your blog I'll find the good news! But alas, here you are. He has to come out sooner or later, right? .... right?
Post a Comment