The last company Robie worked for started going downhill, and they let a ton of people go and Robie took a buy out. That was in May. So, for the last 5-ish months, Robie has been without a job. He has worked so hard submitting resumes, visiting businesses, attending job fairs, and calling contacts to land a job, but it seemed like nothing was happening. Finally, he got a phone interview with a really good company. Then, they wanted a face to face interview. Then, another face to face interview. Finally, he had to meet with their CEO. The process was intense, and we were left waiting for the call.
After what felt like weeks (but was really only a few days), the call came. Even though there were many other qualified candidates for the job, the company saw something different in Robie. He got the job! Immediately, a stress I can't even explain was lifted off our shoulders. This job means so much more than a paycheck coming in. It means I have the choice to go part time or stay home with our baby if I want. It means if I lose our benefits, there will be a back up plan. It means SO much to the future of our family. Robie's first day of work is today. He will now be working AND going to school full time Monday-Friday, but he has never complained about the challenge. I am so thankful for Robie and the drive he has to succeed and be the best husband and father for our family. Congrats Robie! I love you!

8 comments:
thats awesome! prayers are answered. congrats you guys!
Congrats you guys!! What a major burden/stress off your shoulders! and THANK YOU for posting our button. :) We need all the help we can get!
That's so great!! You guys are so great!! I can't wait to see you so soon. I got your invite this week and I'm so excited :)
Yay!
Yipee for your family! I am glad...having a good job these days certainly is a blessing!
so happy for you guys!
Congrats! It's a tough job market out there, I'm so glad he got the job. & I'm glad we saw you at Smith's! Let us know if we can bring something on Sunday, and what time you want us to come over. (Or you guys are welcome to come to our house too, if you wanna get out some before you have your baby.) I don't think I have your number, can you text it (if you have mine) or email it to me?
That is great news! What a blessing not to HAVE to go back to work if you don't want.
Post a Comment