I usually hate to watch the same movie over and over again, but for The Labyrinth I will make an exception. Don't judge. You know you loved this movie when you were young. Just embrace it. Who can't resist the extremely tight pants, over the top eye makeup, and crazy mullet-like hair of David Bowie? The movie is a positive dream! Every time I watch it, it takes me back to when I was a kid. I always thought Sarah, the character Jennifer Connelly played, was my Aunt Dani. Really, I did. If college was a comprehensive test on The Labyrinth, I would have gotten a 4.0. Too bad it's not. I have a hard time remembering what I went to the grocery store for, but without fail I can quote every line from this wonderful film...every time. Here are some of my favs....just to name a few:
"Give me the child. Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great..."
"I can bear it no longer! Goblin King! Goblin King! Wherever you may be take this child of mine far away from me!"
"You remind me of the babe."
"What babe?"
"The babe with the power."
"What power?"
"The power of voodoo."
"Who do?"
"You do."
"Do what?"
"Remind me of the babe."
"What babe?"
"The babe with the power."
"What power?"
"The power of voodoo."
"Who do?"
"You do."
"Do what?"
"Remind me of the babe."
"Well... since I'm pointed that way, I guess I'll go down."
"She chose DOOOOOWN!"
"She chose *down*? Heh! "
[they let go]
"Was that wrong?"
"Too late now!"
"She chose DOOOOOWN!"
"She chose *down*? Heh! "
[they let go]
"Was that wrong?"
"Too late now!"
"Hey, lady! It's against the rules to throwing other people's heads!"
"Yo! You're only allowed to throw your own head!"
"Yeah, that's right!"
"Yo! You're only allowed to throw your own head!"
"Yeah, that's right!"





3 comments:
Take your head off!
I LOVE that Movie and thanks for thinking that I was Jennifer Connally! Nice!
Truly one of the best feel good movies of the century! I kinda wish that I had a bog of eternal stench to threaten some students with!~mom
LOL, I love that movie. Tight pants are irresistable, especially on David Bowie. I like the song where the goblins are throwing the baby and say "slap that baby, make him pee" or something like that.
Post a Comment