Friday, April 17, 2009

Hit Me Baby One More Time...Oh Britney, how I love you!

Yes, I know. First David Archuleta and now Britney Spears! How do you ask that two of my most favorite singers came to Salt Lake within a month of each other? I will never know, but they did. The concert was AMAZING! (Thank-you Robie.) The set was seriously ridiculous. The opening act was the Pussy Cat Dolls who I have never been a crazy fan of, but after seeing them live- I believe! They were soooo good! The lead singer was better live than on the radio if that is even possible. They just had so much energy, you could not help but get up and dance. Then came Britney. My heart was beating so fast as I waited to see the pop icon I have only dreamed of seeing for years come out on the stage before me. Like a flash of blonde lightning, there she was! It was really her! Crazy circus performers fell from the ceiling as little midgets and jugglers circled around her. There was just so much to look at. As the concert went on, costume changes became more and more scandalous, and Britney danced less and less. I guess having two kids and going through a mental breakdown really took a toll on her performance skills. By the end of the concert I was a little annoyed that she never REALLY sang a song. Everything was pre-recorded, and the only thing she said out loud was "What's up Salt Lake!" Then, the final song "Womanizer" came on, and the circus tent fell on the stage signaling the end. A part of me wanted to yell, "Bring back the Pussy Cat Dolls!", but I refrained from such nonsense. Overall, the concert was a blast, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Pussy Cat Dolls singing "Jai Ho"

Britney "Circus"

Britney "Everytime"

Britney "Hit Me Baby One More Time"


It was fun having my old roomie, Veronica, there to share the dancing and fun with. (Thanks Veronica!)

2 comments:

Monica said...

You little party animal. Glad you had fun at the circus.

Veronica said...

how cute are we :)