Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fall at Snowbird

Oh how I love Fall.  Everything is magical and beautiful when the leaves are changing and the cool air invites me to wear scarves again.

Robie had a work conference in Snowbird this past week, and we were lucky enough to take advantage of his hotel room in the mountains.  We lounged around, went on walk, discovered new places, and took some pictures.  My camera settings must have been off a bit, because when I got home half of my pictures were super blurry.  I was pretty sad.  Everyone knows how hard it is to get one kid to smile, and two is near impossible.  Of course, the couple pictures I got of Gavin AND Jaxon smiling perfectly were the blurry ones.  Good thing we have family pictures scheduled this coming week, and I can let the professionals get it right with the camera.

 Here are a few of the pictures I actually did get.  I feel so lucky to have these perfect boys in my life.














On one of our walks, we stumbled upon this awesome playground in the middle of the mountain.  There was a mommy and baby moose a few feet away from us, so I was a little nervous for the kids to play there since moose can be dangerous, but we stayed a while and the boys loved playing on all the neat obstacles there.








The Cliff Lodge that we were at had a really nice restaurant on the top floor.  The tables had tvs available, which the kids loved, and so did I since it entertained them.  I was by myself with the kids most of the stay since Robie was at his conference, so it was nice to be able to eat a warm meal and have the kids occupied at a nice restaurant.  I had the most amazing tomato basil soup EVER.  I wish I could go back right now to get some.



The boys loved the heated pool and hot tub.  We always went at sunset, and it was so beautiful.




We were sad to leave, but grateful to be able to go during such a beautiful season.

No comments: