Thursday, July 31, 2014

Gavin 18 Months



It's 2 months late, but I wanted to make sure I documented Gavin at 18 months.  Here are his stats from his 18 month Dr. appointment.

Weight: 23.1 lbs
Height: 33.8 in
Head: 18.75 in

  • Wears size 5 diapers
  • Favorite food: string cheese, granola bars, fruit snacks, grapes, apples, yogurt, cheetos, pb&j, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, and pretty much anything I am eating.
  • Wears size 6 shoe
  • Wears 24 month and 2T clothes
  • Doesn't talk a lot, but understands everything.  He points to things he wants and says ya or no.  Words he consistently says are: no, ya, mom, dad, cheese, car, yes!, apple, nana (banana), ball
  • Shakes his head and runs in circles when he dances to music
  • Gavin LOVES baths.  Love them!  He loves them soooo much, that he takes them without my knowledge right after I get him dressed.




glow stick bath party

  • He has the cutest curls in the world. His curls grow mostly on the top and back of his head, so he looks like he has a curly mo-hawk sometimes.


 One time I tried to straighten it to see how long it was getting.



  • Sleeps every night with his bunny and blanket
  •  Gavin is definitely a lot more active than his brother.  I call him the silent ninja, because he is always getting into some kind of mischief.  He loves to climb and get into things he shouldn't, but it's hard to get mad at him when he is so happy doing things he shouldn't.

stuck in Jaxon's training potty





They climbed on the changing table and emptied a whole bottle of baby powder all over the room.  I am convinced it was all Gavin's plan.  Just look at his evil laugh!

 As I was cleaning up the baby powder mess, Gavin decided to go downstairs and get into the flour.




Sometimes his climbing adventures end with tears, like when he fell off the kitchen chair after rocking it backwards.

  •  He loves the broom and drags it around everywhere.


  • Gavin is a serious momma's boy.  He is so attached to me, sometimes he physically will not let go of me all day.  It can get hard to get things done during the day when he gets in his super attached moods, but he is so sweet and I try to remind myself that he will only be little for a bit longer, so soak up all his baby snuggles while I can.  He loves giving hugs and kisses.  Sometimes he will hit his brother, just so he can make it better with a kiss immediately after.



Although he's a sweetheart, he can give some of the biggest dirty looks you have ever seen.  Sometimes we like to imitate them, because they are so funny.



Most of all, Gavin idolizes his big brother. He wants to do everything Jaxon is doing.  He won't even let us feed him food, because he wants to use a fork just like his big brother. 
 









1 comment:

The Nothums said...

I seriously think Gavin and my Alexa are kindred-souls. Everything you said about him is exactly how Alexa is! Cutie!