We had so much fun during the few days we spent in Texas before Robie and I went on our cruise. I am so glad we got to see my cousin, Lyndsey, and her daughter, Daveig, who were stopping by on their way to Dallas. Jaxon and Gavin had so much fun wrestling with Papa (my dad) and being spoiled by Omee (my mom).
For 4th of July we met up with my best friend Caroline, her boyfriend Shannon, and his son Brandon, and went to a carnival in Georgetown. We also went with my Aunt Dani and my 3 cute cousins. They had the cutest petting zoo with a ton of tiny baby bunnies that were SO cute! Jax didn't care about the animals, because he was so excited to ride all the carnival rides, but Gavin loved every second of the petting zoo. He looked like such a big boy riding the pony all by himself. It was so hot outside, so we didn't stay too long because everyone started getting overheated.
After the carnival, we headed back to my parent's house for a BBQ. My dad got a pinata filled with candy for the kids to hit. We went in order from oldest to youngest: Gavin, Connor, Jaxon, Cayden, and Ashton. Robie ended up having to break it at the end, because none of the kids could get it open.
During the time Robie and I were on our cruise, my parents watched our kids. My Aunt Dani took her older 2 kids to DisneyWorld during the same time, so my parents also watched my cousin, Connor, who is a couple months older than Gavin. My mom sent a lot of picture updates to us, so when we got wi-fi on our cruise we could see everything the kids were doing. They had such a fun time together and were spoiled so much my Omee, Papa, my sister Hadley, and my brother Nathan.
| Playdough with Aunt Hadley |
My parents got a blow up pool for the boys, and they loved it so much. Sometimes they were so excited to swim outside, that they didn't even care if they had their swim suits on.
When we got back from our cruise, Robie and I were able to spend a couple more days in Texas before heading back to Utah. I am so glad for the time we were able to spend in Texas, and also for all the quality time our kids got to spend with their grandparents. We went through the Phoenix airport again on the way back to Utah, and of course the kids loved playing in the play area again.
Jaxon was so nervous to get on the moving walkways, but once he got on them he thought they were so cool.
I set up our iPad on the trays on the seats in front of us and put on Frozen. Even though I am so sick of Frozen, I am so thankful for that movie since it kept the boys occupied for a large part of the flight.
It is always so sad for me when we come home to Utah. Even though it's nice being in our home with all of our stuff, I miss being in Texas with my family and friends. Texas just feels like home in my heart, and I hope one day we can move there. Until that time comes (if it ever does), I will enjoy all the beauty Utah has and the fact that I don't have to sweat every time I walk outside.

No comments:
Post a Comment