Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My "New" Blog and latest project

My latest project is my "new" blog, Soup on the Rocks.  I call it my "new" blog, because it is also an old blog I used to have.  It used to be the blog I used to post trendy advertisements when I was in the advertising program at BYU.  I didn't do a good job AT ALL of keeping up with it, and it was kind of forgotten about for a long while.  Recently, I decided I wanted to try my luck at a blog that was not a family blog.  I love my family blog for record keeping and staying up to date with family and friends, but I wanted a place to go to write about other things where random creepers wouldn't see the intimate details of my family.  So, I used my old blog address to make a new blog with a new look and purpose.  I guess you could say it is a cross between a mommy and lifestyle blog.

It's been a lot of work getting the layout and design how I wanted, but so far things are looking good.  My goal is to get a lot of followers and maybe one day I can turn it into a side business somehow (that's a really far off dream though).  Even if that doesn't happen, it is a great outlet for me to write some of the many ideas and things on my mind.  It's been a challenge making sure I stay consistent by posting every single day while I am also trying to take care of two kids, but it hasn't been impossible. 

I would be so grateful if you would pretty please check it out HERE, and I would love love LOVE you forever if you decided to follow me, put my button or link on your blog, share about it on Facebook, or even Pin a post you like to Pinterest.  Any little bit helps, and it would mean a lot to me.



Also, special shout out to my wonderful husband who encouraged and supported me in wanting to try something new.  I love you babe!

No comments: