I'm doing a little catching up here, but I thought I should blog about Easter. The day before Easter, we thought it would be fun to take Jax to the Riverwoods in Provo for an Easter egg drop and a ton of Easter activities. When we got there, it was a mad house. I decided to wait in the long line with Gavin for the Easter Bunny, and right before it was our turn, the bunny got pulled outside to celebrate the egg drop. The "egg drop" consisted of a giant crowd of children and parents huddled in a group while a pinata filled with a tiny bit of candy was dropped from the building outside. Robie was with Jax at the very front of the crowd, and when they dropped the candy things got buck! Older children were running over younger children for a tiny tootsie roll. Robie even saw a mom in the middle of the chaos stealing candy from little kids and giving them to her own kids. It was ridiculous! Jaxon didn't get a single piece of candy. It was kind of sad. Robie came inside with Jax where I was still waiting as next in line to get a picture with the Easter Bunny. Just as we were about to get our picture, people from outside of the egg drop rushed inside and swarmed the bunny with no regard to the line. At this point, we were done being the nice parents. Robie picked Jaxon up and shoved him into the arms of the Easter Bunny. This mom who was just about to get a picture looked at us like, "How dare you?!" She was so mad that we "cut her in line", and she showed it with a look of disgust on her face. I just looked at her and said, "I'm sorry, but YOU actually cut ME in line since I've been waiting here for 20 minutes, so deal with it!" We then snapped a picture (I didn't even care what it looked like), and we left that place faster than ever. I will never EVER go back there again. I know the Easter Bunny isn't the real reason for Easter, but I still wanted Jax to have a fun time and it left such a bad taste in my mouth for community Easter activities.

It was Gavin's first Easter, but unfortunately I didn't really get any pictures of him by his Easter basket since it was kind of a crazy day. Robie was leaving to go out of town for business Easter morning, so I had to get the boys ready for church, and I also had to teach Sunday School at church.
Before Robie left for his flight, we were able to spend a little time as a family while Jaxon woke up for his egg hunt. He was so excited that the Easter Bunny hid eggs all around the house. He just kept saying, "There it is!" and "Another one!" every time he found an egg. Some of the eggs were filled with goldfish crackers, mini cookies, and fruit snacks. Jaxon loved those ones. Gavin was still sleeping while Jaxon was getting all the eggs, so he is not in any of the pictures.
After we went to church, Jax, Gav, and I headed over to Robie's parents house to hang out and eat Easter dinner. Grandma Fullmer had an egg hunt with a ton of eggs in her back yard, and it was so sweet watching the cousins help Jax find the eggs for his basket.
I brought
some pajamas for Gavin to change into, and about two minutes after I
put them on I realized I had brought Jaxon's pair instead of Gavin's
(yes, it took that long...they have the same pajamas). It was pretty funny seeing his tiny body
in giant pjs.
I am sad Robie was away from us this Easter, but luckily the boys are still so young that they don't fully understand the holiday, so it wasn't that big of a deal to them. Next year will be so much fun since they will both be so much older. It wouldn't be Easter without a creepy Easter Bunny pic. Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment