Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We have a wiener!

During those few days I was horribly sick from my last post, we went to our elective ultrasound to find out what baby #2 was.  With Jaxon, I totally thought he was a girl.  I even cried when I found out he was a boy, because I was just mad that my motherly intuition was wrong.  This time around, I forced myself not to have an option about gender, but for some reason Robie and I kept calling this little baby "Baby Brynn" (because our girl name is Brynnlee).  That was a big mistake, because I started really believing I was going to have a girl after a while.

Well, I was so sick the day of the ultrasound, but I forced myself to go since our appointment had been booked for a month and we were leaving to San Diego the next day.  The ultrasound technician didn't have to look long, and finally she said, "Yep, those are testicles.  You're having a boy."  She probably thought I was really disappointed, because I just said, "awesome" or some small monotone remark since I was mostly focusing on not throwing up in her office.

I am still a little shocked/scared/terrified at the thought of having two little boys running around, but I am so excited.  I remember a time in my life when I prayed and prayed to my Heavenly Father to be blessed with at least one child, so the fact that I am going on #2 is such a blessing.  I look at how much I love Jaxon, and I am so excited to share that love with another little boy.  And honestly...I am SO glad I don't have the stress and expense of shopping for a whole new wardrobe for this little babe.  My doctor told me, "The upside to having two boys, is when it's time for daddy/son camping trips, you have the house all to yourself to relax."  My doctor is a smart man.

We have a couple names we like, but we are still open to looking for one that we love.  It's so challenging finding a name.  With Jaxon, we just knew even before we were pregnant that his name would be Jaxon, so this whole picking a name thing kind of sucks.  I am just so excited for Jax to have a little brother to wrestle, play with, and be best friends with.

Baby Boy #2



I looked online to see if most babies at 15 weeks look the same on ultrasound.  Every baby looked a lot different, especially in head shape.  I compared Jaxon's 15 week ultrasound to Baby #2's 15 week ultrasound, and I was shocked at how identical they look.  It would be so cute for him to look like his older brother, and I can't wait to see him when he gets here in November!


I am now about 18 weeks, and we have our actual doctor anatomy ultrasound mid-July to confirm gender and check development.  I'm always a little nervous for that appointment, so keep us in your prayers that this baby boy will be happy and healthy.

6 comments:

Russ and Misty said...

Yay im excited for all of the boys to play together! Those appointments are scary but don't worry.

VoNique said...

That's exciting! I'll keep you in my prayers. Hope you're not sick anymore!

Unknown said...

So cute!!! I'm hoping to have a boy next too. Here's my reasoning: the boys can rough-house and beat up on eachother, and then when we have a girl, they'll leave her alone! I think it's perfect!

saren said...

I am so happy for you and I really look up to you and your beautiful family that you have made! Love you!

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

Oh yay! I'm so excited for you-I WANT another boy! I LOVE having a boy and want a little brother so they can be buds and not have to buy a whole new wardrobe too. I felt the same way about having kids, so lucky to have one and now we're on our 2nd. Well congrats! I'm so excited for you! And whatever name you pick out I know will be cute and fit!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I think having two boys will be awesome. I had the same experience with Roman, I was convinced it was a girl!