Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Big Brother


You know when people blog a lot, and suddenly they just stop for a while.  That's when you usually learn they are pregnant, and they have been really sick - hence the blogging break.  Well, I always said to myself when I get pregnant, I am going to keep up on my blogging and not be one of those people.  Looks like that was a huge FAIL.  That's right....

Jax is going to be a big brother!


I found out I was pregnant in March on the last day I was in Texas visiting my family.  We had been trying a little while to get Jax a sibling, but I really did not expect anything to happen for a few more months. I was on my third round of Clomid and using THIS miracle device, and I guess that was enough, because I saw double lines when I peed on the stick at my parent's house.  I was so excited, so I ran into my parent's bedroom while they were sleeping and woke them up with the good news.  No, I did not tell Robie first, but it's not every day I get the opportunity to tell my parent's exciting news in person.  Plus, I knew I was flying home that afternoon, and I had a surprise in mind for Robie.  I bought Jaxon a BIG BROTHER shirt probably 6 months ago, because it was on sale for $2 at a store and I figured, why not?  I put the shirt on Jax for Robie to see when he picked us up at the airport.  I was so excited to tell Robie the news.  Except, Robie did not notice the shirt at all.  So, I waited...and waited...and waited...and finally I asked Robie if he liked Jaxon's shirt.  "Sure. It's nice."  That's what he said.  I was getting impatient, so finally I just yelled, "Would you read his freaking shirt already!"  Then, it finally clicked. Robie was totally shocked and super excited.  We hugged and smiled all the way home.

Being pregnant with Jaxon, I felt nauseous and tired a lot.  I never threw up, but I ate.  A lot.  Mostly anything made of carbs and not good for you.  That's probably why I gained 10 pound in my first trimester and about 50 pounds total.  This time around, I have felt WAY more tired and nauseous, but I have no desire to eat anything.  Robie comes home from work and sometimes has to force me to eat.  When I do eat, I only want juice, yogurt, fruit, or Coca Cola Slurpees (Yep, that craving is back).  I haven't been big on carbs, and I gag at the thought of eating any meat. Because of this, I have lost about 5 pounds.  My Dr. says I'm fine, because I hold down what I do eat, but I'm hoping when my appetite comes back I stay healthy so I stay at a good weight this time around.

Being pregnant with a toddler is a whole different ball game.  Jaxon is getting so active, and it takes everything I have to wake up, get him ready, get myself ready, and be a mom.  Sesame Street videos have been my best friend.  I am guaranteed 30 minutes of rest when I pop one of those in the DVD player.   Sleeping at night was difficult for a while, because I would toss and turn trying to get comfortable and wake up to every little noise.  That all got better once I learned of Unisom.  I now take a Unisom and B6 cocktail every night, and I sleep like a baby.  

My due date was originally November 16, but after my first ultrasound it got pushed back a week to November 22nd...which is THANKSGIVING.  I was kind of bummed about that, because I really wanted to avoid having a holiday baby.  My Dr. will induce me if I want a week early on the 16th.  I have not decided if I want to be induced yet.  I know it's a lot harder on your body and the risk of C-Section is higher, but I like the idea of having a scheduled date to have a baby.  What do you think?  Suggestions?

We are so excited to have this little baby join our family.  I will be 13 weeks and in my second trimester on Thursday, which is my birthday.  I don't think I could ask for a better present.  I was really surprised how fast I started to show.  I haven't told a lot of people outside close friends and family, but people at church and at the store have already started asking if I was pregnant just from my bump.  I guess it is true that your body remembers, and you show a lot faster on your second.  Jax and the new baby will be one month shy of 2 years apart.  We find out the gender on June 1st (2 more weeks!), and I seriously CAN'T WAIT!  I just know whatever we have, boy or girl, Jaxon is going to be the best big brother.

7 comments:

Jen christensen said...

Yay! That's fantastic news! I have the no appetite thing my ENTIRE pregnancy. You wouldn't think it would suck but it totally does. Good luck! the pregnant mom with a toddler is a whole new ball game. ps you look great!

Jacie Saltzman said...

woohoo!! how exciting! congrats! you look awesome!

saren said...

So excited! Congrats!!

Ransom and Brooke Young said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, super exciting!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! That's super exciting!!! When I think about getting pregnant, I think about how hard it will be to be sick and have Elijah to take care of...hopefully the nausea passes soon!

Tyson and Lana Hansen said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Nov 22nd was my Jaxton's due date :) I totally understand how you feel about being extremely tired and not motivated and having a toddler to take care of, that's my story too. I'm so excited for you guys! Good luck with everything! And I vote GIRL!