Friday, October 7, 2011

Winter Gear

It snowed yesterday.  Mostly in the mountains, but it did come down in the valley too.  Thankfully it didn't stick.  I took this pic outside my house in yesterday morning.  The fog looked really cool in the mountains.


It usually snows in October every year, but this year my mind was not ready for it.  I wasn't really surprised, but I think a part of my heart died a little knowing the tan lines and picnics were not going to happen again this year.  As Jax and I were out running errands, I realized it was cold and his thin jacket was not doing a good job of keeping him warm.  So, when Robie got home we decided it was time to buy Jax his first winter coat.  We looked a few places, but the best options we found were at Old Navy.  I thought this little peacoat was adorable!
But, we decided to go with a more casual and warmer coat.  I think the one we chose looks so cute on Jax and will go with most of his outfits.  We also got him some navy boots, and 3 pairs of jeans (2 pairs from Old Navy, and one pair of skinny Levi's from Kohl's).  When we got home, we put on his new winter gear and this is what he looked like:


I was dying!  He looked so puffy, cute, and helpless all in one little miniature body.  Luckily, he is growing so fast so he should fit into it all in a couple months.  I couldn't help but think of this when I took his picture:


Love that movie!  Now we are prepared for winter 2011.  Next time snow decided to visit, we will be ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's adorable! I hate winter coats in car seats though, be warned!