WAHM: Work At Home Mom.
A few weeks ago, I applied for a job. I wasn't too sure anything would come from it, but the very next day I had an interview. I was pretty nervous. The interview went well, but then I started to freak myself out in my head if I was ready to take on something new. Being a mom is hard enough (rewarding, but hard), and I was scared I would not be able to handle being a working mom. Then, I got the call. I was hired!
Between nap time, snack time, and nap time again, I have been able to balance working from home so far. Sure, I may not have time to catch up on Grey's Anatomy anymore, but getting a paycheck is SO much better than watching McDreamy drama. After being a stay-at-home mom, I never really had the desire to work again, but then life happens and I feel so blessed that this opportunity is providing a little extra income for us right now.
The place I work for is part of the Daily Herald newspaper, and is called Savvy Shopper Deals. I am helping with their promotions, marketing, and advertising sales. If they sound familiar, it's because I have probably talked about them before. Savvy Shopper changed my life. It is the whole reason I started couponing. I took a coupon class from Amy, the creator of Savvy Shopper, and ever since I was hooked. If you have not checked out all the great things they have to offer, go to www.SavvyShopperDeals.com and become a fan of them on Facebook. You won't regret it. Being a Facebook fan is awesome too, because you get alerted of all the amazing deals and free stuff companies are giving away. So, wish me luck and send good vibes as I continue learning to balance a bottle and a phone at the same time.
2 comments:
congrats!! thats awesome! im sure you can handle that all, and will still be an awesome mom! what a great blessing
Hey Chelsie, if you don't mind me asking.... how'd you find a work from home job? I'd LOVE to find a job where I can work from home...since I currently am not. Does it pay pretty well?
Post a Comment