Thursday, July 28, 2011

Girl's Camp

I am the secretary in the Young Women's in my ward, so I had the amazing opportunity to go to girl's camp this year. I remember being a youth at girl's camp growing up and having so much fun. I remember my leaders teaching me new songs and also one of my leaders teaching me how to tie my hair in rags. That was one of my favorite memories, so I decided to bring some scraps of material and show the girls how it's done.
This is what it looks like after you take the rags out.
Ropes Course (or Confidence Course in Utah)
"Just around the river bend..."
We were so high up in the mountains, and the scenery was BEAUTIFUL.  Cell phones are not allowed at camp.  Since I was leaving Jax for 4 days I totally had no problem breaking that rule, but it didn't matter since there was no service anywhere at all.  I thought if I took a mile hike on my own to the top of the mountain, maybe I would find service along the way.  Nope.  The nature was so amazing on the walk though.
This was our pudding drop competition.  I'll let the pictures say the rest...
The other leaders and I rocking our face paint from one of the girls
My 3rd year girls that I was over.  They are amazing!
It was such a great experience at camp.  Even though I went to help the girls gain a better testimony of the gospel, I was able to come out from camp with my own testimony strengthened.  I love the youth in my ward so much and I am so glad I was able to be a part of their camp this year.