The only reason I am writing right now is to vent a certain frustration that is making me want to attack someone in the face right about now.
Today was a very busy day. I woke up early, got Jaxon and myself ready (which doesn't happen often), and endured the 2 hour visit at Jax's 6 month doctor checkup where he got painful shots in his legs and looked at me with tears in his eyes saying, "Ma-Ma...". Saddest. Thing. Ever. After that, I picked up lunch for Robie and me, drove to his work, inhaled lunch, and rushed off just in time to make it to my health center where I learned I lost just 1.8 pounds during the last week (usually I lose at least twice that, but anything in the negative direction is a win in my book). After that, I washed our filthy car, took the dogs on a walk, and contemplated mowing the lawn but did laundry instead. This, mind you, was all done with an infant attached to my hip who was in a mood from being in pain from teething, shots, and a mild fever. With the day coming to an end, I realized I had coupons I needed to cut out since tomorrow is DOUBLE COUPON day at Wal-Mart. (Last week's double coupon trip was a major success with savings of over $120.) I spent at least 2 hours rushing to cut, organize, and insert my coupons into my binder so I could make it to Wal-Mart in time to get some amazing deals I had planned. Last week Robie came couponing with me, and we decided things would be twice as fast if he came again, so at 10:40pm I popped a few Excedrin, and we tucked Jaxon into his carseat, loaded him in the car, and took off to Wal-Mart like crazy people.
When we got to the store, the parking lot was completely full. I think every coupon-er that ever lived was inside this particular Wal-Mart at this particular time, because almost every item I had a coupon for was cleared off the shelf. Robie and I decided to split up. I stayed in the beauty/hygiene isles, while Robie took a whole sheet protector of coupons loaded with a ton of amazing deals (cereal, boxed treats, cleaning products) to hunt down on the other side of the store. About 3 minutes later, Robie found me with a not-so-good look on his face. Evidently, he had all his coupons in his cart, and as he had his back turned for a split second, some shady person decided it would be a genius idea to STEAL his coupons...so they did. Someone %&$@-ing STOLE a ton of our coupons right out of his cart! UGH! I was seriously so mad! I immediately stormed every isle looking in people's carts and starring them down trying to find who did it. Since there were swarms of people everywhere with sheet protectors of coupons, it was impossible to spot the jack-wad who committed the crime. I finally got so peeved, I couldn't be in the store another second. I told Robie we were leaving and we abandoned our cart with what we had.
The whole way home I couldn't stop thinking about what kind of person would do such a thing. If you don't coupon, this probably sounds like a stupid reason to freak out. If you do coupon, you know how much time and planning goes into a shopping trip and how someone stealing about 35 of your coupons would make you beyond angry. The second I got home I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep unless I vented my frustration somehow, and since no one but me is awake at this hour, I went straight to the blog. My writing probably doesn't even make sense since it is now 12:40am, my brain went to bed about 3 hours ago, and my body is somehow functioning from the caffeine in the Excedrin I took earlier. When I wake up tomorrow, I will probably regret pressing "publish" for this post, but I think it's important to get the word out that obviously there is a coupon stealer at the Springville Wal-Mart who is getting in your cart and stealing your coupons. So, ya'll need to hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your coupons because they are stealing everybody's coupons up in here. You are so dumb. You are really dumb, fo real. Watch out coupon stealer...karma is a b. You don't have to come and confess what you did, because we are looking for you and we gonna find you...
Chelsea
5 comments:
LOL! (about the end of your post, the coupon stealing part is NOT funny!) I can't believe this happened!! Karma is definitely going to get that retarded person, people who steal are the worst! And all the trouble you went to! So sad for you... I guess next time you'll have to strap your coupon book to you or Robie.
Oh. My. Gosh! Who does that!? I'm sorry but I did laugh out loud at the end! Hope you feel better this morning! :)
I would be TICKED! I'm sorry :( What a jerk! But the end of your post made me laugh...out loud. hard. :) hide yo coupons.
Kristin
That is horrible! Btw did you score some good deals at smiths yet? There are some awesome deals that started today. Keep your coupons safe. I can't believe what some of These crazy couponers will do.
Couponing in Utah = The most frustrating, cuss-worthy event of your life...
Post a Comment