Sunday, December 6, 2009

Deck the Halls

Hooray for putting up Christmas decorations!  I actually put them up the day after Thanksgiving, but I'm a little bit of a slacker lately on my blogging updates (thank-you working full time).  This year, we are so excited to have a tree bigger than 2 feet tall.  We don't have a ton of room for a full size tree in our living room, so we searched everywhere for this slim 6 foot tree that fits perfectly.

Another great thing about a bigger tree is how many more ornaments we can fit on it.  Every year since the day I was born, my Grandma gives me a special gold ornament engraved with my name and year.  This is our family tradition, and she gives them to every grandchild every year for Christmas.  Since I have 22 of them, it was difficult fitting them all on a tiny 2 foot tree.  However, our new tree hold them all perfectly!
I love how it immediately feels like Christmas the second these decorations go up.  December 25th...I can't wait for you to come!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Finally you got a tree that is tall! Looks cute

Monica said...

You decorations look really cute Chelsea good job!