We had a blast in Cancun, Mexico. It was SO beautiful, and I am happy to say I got a tan on my ghostly white body. We stayed a whole week at an all inclusive resort (adults only) called the Golden Parnassus. It was nice, and the service was superb. When we first got there, we thought we would take a swim in the beautiful blue ocean. I usually prefer pools over ocean water since the salt always gets under my contacts, but I thought I would give it a try. It only took 5 minutes before a giant wave came crashing down on me knocking off my good sunglasses and new hat never to be found again. For the rest of the trip, we just hung out in the resort pools (no waves, salt free, and a great ocean view).


These giant iguanas were EVERYWHERE!
We went on a zip line excursion, and at the end they took us to this cenote (sinkhole). It was so pretty. There was a zip line you could hold on to and jump into the water. I was terrified to do it, but Robie was doing back flips into the water. He ended up hurting his back for the rest of the trip doing it though.
We also got to visit Tulum. This was one of my favorite parts, because we got to see all the ancient Mayan ruins. It was so interesting to see all the history and stand where people stood so long ago. I could not help but think of the Lamanites and Nephites being there. It was a crazy experience.


"Booga-Booga!"
One night for dinner, we decided to check out this place called Senor Frogs. It was quite a place! It was like a party every second. Balloon hats, pictures with sombreros, dancing, music, and so much more. I think it would be so fun to work there.We hit up one of the clubs called Coco Bongo. All I can say is WOW! It was the wildest place I have ever been. The whole night went like this: 10 minutes of dancing and confetti falling from the ceiling, then everyone stops and watches some crazy Vegas style show for 10 minutes, then more dancing and steamers, then anther show.....Beetlejuice (which I hate ever since I had a nightmare as a child from him), Frank Sinatra, Cirque du Soleil, Madonna, Kiss, Elvis, The Mask, Moulin Rouge, Britney Spears...and so much more. It was the ultimate party of all parties.
So...back to the real world...
As Robie and I were in the airport for our layover in Dallas, we finally get cell phone service. That is when we get the call from his brother, who was watching our dogs, that poor Cooper jumped out of the back of a moving truck and broke his leg. He has a giant metal brace now that he has to wear for 6 weeks. I felt so bad for poor Cooper. He hops around like a 3 leg dog doped up on meds, but the vet said he should heal soon.
As Robie and I were in the airport for our layover in Dallas, we finally get cell phone service. That is when we get the call from his brother, who was watching our dogs, that poor Cooper jumped out of the back of a moving truck and broke his leg. He has a giant metal brace now that he has to wear for 6 weeks. I felt so bad for poor Cooper. He hops around like a 3 leg dog doped up on meds, but the vet said he should heal soon.

2 comments:
Holy FUN! Except for the iguanas.... gross. :)
Great vacation pics and it looks like you had a blast and finally got to really relax. Start putting money away and go back next year!
Love you,
Aunt Lori (your fellow beach-bum)
Post a Comment